The Fault in our Stars by John Green


My Favorite Quotes

“As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.” 
-John Green, The Fault in our Stars

“My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations.” 

-John Green, The Fault in our Stars

“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.” 

-John Green, The Fault in our Stars

“Some infinities are bigger than other infinities.”

-John Green, The Fault in our Stars

“The marks humans leave are too often scars.”

-John Green, The Fault in our Stars

“What a slut time is. She screws everybody.”

-John Green, The Fault in our Stars

“Grief does not change you, Hazel. It reveals you.” 

-John Green, The Fault in our Stars

“Without pain, how could we know joy?' This is an old argument in the field of thinking about suffering and its stupidity and lack of sophistication could be plumbed for centuries but suffice it to say that the existence of broccoli does not, in any way, affect the taste of chocolate.” 
-John Green, The Fault in our Stars


Book Specifications

·  Title: The Fault in our Stars
·  Author: John Green
·  Book Type: Novel
·  Genre: Young Adult Fiction, romance, contemporary
·  Edition: Paperback
·  Publisher: Dutton Books
·  Year of Publication: 2012
·  Number of Pages: 313

Synopsis

Sixteen-year-old Hazel Grace Lancaster has terminal cancer. She’s come to terms with her diagnosis, and she’s content to be out of school, living at home, and being best friends with her parents – that is, until the handsome Augustus Waters waltzes into her life. Funny, eloquent, and irreparably damaged from a touch of cancer he suffered years ago, Augustus adds new meaning to Hazel’s life. She could almost love him, almost imagine a future together, if only she weren’t dying . . . 

My Review

FIVE OKAY & INFINITE STARS

OKAY?
OKAY


There are almost a million reviews of this book. Why do I try to write one? I just don’t know but I do know that I have to let you know my thoughts about this AWESOME book.

I love YA. Even if I take YA holidays sometimes and stop reading it I can’t deny it’s one of my fave genres. This book and Forbidden are probably my favourite YA books and right now I cannot decide which one is my absolute favourite. 

I knew about this book, I knew how it ended and I thought I couldn’t read it because the story was kind of personal for me but I will talk about that after my review.

This is the story of Hazel Grace & Augustus Water. Hazel has cancer and she meets Augustus at Support Group. They are ADORABLE. Hazel is the teen I always wanted to be: intelligent, funny, a great daughter and a very strong kid.


There is only one thing in this world shittier than biting it from cancer when you’re sixteen, and that’s having a kid who bites it from cancer
And Augustus… well, he’s just then teen boyfriend I always wanted to meet: charismatic, positive, funny, happy and a GREAT best friend.

”I enjoy looking at beautiful people, and I decided a while ago not to deny myself the simpler pleasures of existence”

 Hazel Grace is just like us, she loves books and she specially loves her favourite book “An Imperial Affliction” by Peter Van Houten who happens to be her best friend, but let’s say this is a one-sided friendship. I also want a lot of authors to be my friends!

She tells Augustus about the book and he obviously reads it because he would do ANYTHING for Hazel Grace.


”Love is keeping the promise anyway”
Enter Isaac, Augustus’ best friend. He’s the best friend I always wanted to have. A romantic, a fool romantic who has cancer in his eyes…

This book is about love, friendship, fight, hope, life and also about infinities.


As I mentioned, Hazel is obsessed with Peter Van Houten. Apparently he never finished his book An Imperial Affliction so she decides to mail him asking for answers. Because as she said, authors shouldn’t end their books if they’re not finished, right? I am gonna do the same with some authors…

And of course, if you ever do decide to write anything else, even if you don’t want to publish it, I’d love to read it. Frankly, I’d read your grocery list.
The days go by and Hazel and Augustus cannot stay away from each other and their relationship is soooooo freaking sweet. OMG, I am in love with Augustus Waters, he’s probably the BEST book boyfriend EVER.

”Oh my God, stop flirting with me!. We both know that okay is a very flirty word. Okay is BURSTING with sensuality”.




 I just loved how the author made me laugh so much. I mean, I was reading a book about kids with cancer, I wasn’t supposed to be laughing but I did. I did because those damn characters camped in my heart and they are planning to stay there forever.
”It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you”.
And you feel you’re discovering love for the first time with them all over again. Like true love, that kind of love that comes from a friendship. A love that is not based on how hot you are but how interesting you are. A love that is based in understanding each other, in accepting that we are grenades that can explode, in being there for each other no matter what.



This is probably one of the best and most real love stories I’ve ever read in my entire life. I will never EVER forget this book, I actually ordered the paperback as I need to smell the book, I need to hug Hazel and tell her she’s my new best friend even if this is also a one-sided friendship. I need to tell Isaac that his special person is going to come to his life one day and he’s gonna know what real love is.

I need to hug Hazel’s father and tell him I freaking LOVE him because he reminded me of my father. A lot of families should take Hazel’s family as an example. You need to give love if you want to receive love and that’s what this family did.


”The world is not a wish-granting factory”.
And even if the world is not a wish granting factory you cannot stop believing that good things will come because they will. You just need to be positive and enjoy what you have, enjoy every single second with the people you love just like Hazel & Augustus did.


”You don’t get to choose if you get hurt in this world, old man, but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices. I hope she likes hers.”.



Have a great day!

Picture Source: Google Images, Pinterest, Instagram

Comments

Popular Posts