Introducing me

Dear Reader,
I'm Urmi (I know my name sounds weird and I'm gonna punch you in the face if you pronounce it wrong... Just kidding! It's pronounced as oo-r-m-ee and don't worry, I'm really sweet and friendly and I can never hurt a fly!) I'm a sixteen year old high schooler (obviously not the best thing about me), living in India with my parents and grandparents. Book have been my BFFs since my tweenage and they still are (and that's why I'm here!)

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies."
-George R.R Martin.
This is so true. We bookworms read innumerable books in a lifetime and when we die, we are pretty much satisfied. We have lived our lives through the eyes of everyone-wizards, witches, vampires, werewolves, scientists, detectives and whatnot? We don't even have to whine about anything that we never got in life because we got almost everything...Happiness, sadness, love, hate, trickery-everything.




I still remember my dad purchasing two books a month and filling my tiny hands with them. That was the thing that made me happy, without any second thoughts. As soon as I got the books, I would rush to my room and find a nice spot and start flipping the pages over. I was happy and contented. The pleasure was unrelentable. And it is still now. Nothing has changed. I'm now in high school and the pressure is inexplicable. I hear people around me talk, "I can't pull off anything other than studies lately." You know what I want to say? "How can you people find the time for laying back and being on social media and still not for anything else?" That's true guys, we spend a great deal of time on our phones and we don't even realize that! And when we do, it too late.




I changed a lot in the past few years just like everyone does. I got on the wagon just like other people around me did...social media and virtual reality. And guess what, I ditched books! I abandoned the things that were so dear to me once. But I also realized I was wrong. I thought I was happy in boasting to the world how happy I am, how good I'm with my friends, how I am living in the moment and enjoying but it's time for the tough talk...we pretend on social media that we are happy, don't we? It was when I was frustrated with everything that I was reminded of how truly happy I used to be when I read. And then my dad was such a life-saver. He advised me to start reading again and that was when I was in eighth grade I guess. I took his counsel and look at me today, I'm happy, again. That wide smile that rises high up to your cheeks-I think only books can provide me with that.  Because they are there with me in times of sickness, health, sorrow and happiness-ALWAYS AND FOREVER!




Random facts about me:

  • My favorite book growing up was The Enchanted Woods series by Enid Blyton. It is still one of my childhood all-time favorites but not at the top of the list anymore.
  • My favorite genres to read are: dystopian, contemporary, fantasy and historical!
  • My favorite movies are:  all Pirates of the Carribean, all Harry Potter, all X-Men, Iron Man 1&2, any superhero movies really, all Fast and Furious movies, and The Proposal (random, I know!)
  • My favorite food is macaroni and cheese.  I will eat macaroni and cheese anytime, anywhere!
  • I listen to any and all kinds of music but some of my favorite bands are Breaking Benjamin, Maroon 5, Shinedown, Three Days Grace, and as of recently, Christina Perri!
  • I think Leonardo DiCaprio is extremely hot even though he is old enough to be my dad. =P

If you would like to know more about me or if you have a question please feel free to leave a comment or email me at urmi24112001@gmail.com.

So yeah, I'm just a girl who loves books and obviously their sexy seducing smell(haha) and I'm here to share my bookish experiences, reviews and other bookish elements with the world. This blog Excuse My Reading will be all about books, reviews, my original pieces of fiction and much more!Hello and welcome to My World! Have a great day!

Urmi
19th October, 2018

Find me here

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/BookishPixie
Instagram: @_readsleepfangirl_
Twitter: @Bookish_Pixie

My Inspirational Blogs

Bibliomaniac by @KatherineSunde3
Elles Book Blog by Lindsie aka elle

Comments

  1. Welcome to the blogging world. I look forward to reading more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts